Latest News & Menu Inspiration
5 ways to use – Vegan Mayo
With the popularity of plant-based menus set to continue and increasing numbers of customers wanting to decrease their consumption of animal products it is essential to cater for these requirements across the foodservice industry.
The new Country Range Vegan Mayo is thick, creamy, and smooth and is the perfect accompaniment to a wide range of dishes.
This issue we have Paul Dickson, Country Range Development Chef who shares five innovative ways to use Vegan Mayo.
- Marinade – Marinade some mayo with garlic and spices, dredge in flower or polenta and coat some pieces of aubergine or courgette. Fry until crisp and serve as a fantastic side!
- Nibbles – Whisk the mayonnaise with mustard, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature. Grill over a high heat, until the spears are tender and lightly blistered – great to serve with your summer nibbles!
- Canapes – Mix mayo, flour and water until it is a batter consistency. Dip some chunky cauliflower pieces into the batter and coat with panko breadcrumbs. Leave for 5 minutes until the breadcrumbs have dried. Deep fry to create some lovely canapés!
- Soup – Add a swirl of mayo to your favourite cool summer soup such as gazpacho for an extra rich, luxurious finish.
- Dressing – Add some to some mustard and yoghurt to the mayo and make a dressing for a fabulous colourful summer salad – as versatile as a standard mayo with the added benefit of being allergen free.
Paul Dickson is a chef, brand ambassador, food stylist and Home Economist. With a vast culinary knowledge collected from some of the finest establishments in London, Manchester and the North West. He creates exceptional visual stories about what and how we eat.
Based in Lancashire but working all over the U.K and Ireland, with well-known brands Paul creates recipes, stills and video content to promote their brands. As a recipe writer he has a loyal following on social media and hosts regular cookery demos.
In addition to his food styling work, Paul is currently working as a mentor with small businesses, promoting modern, tasty and above all beautiful food.
Country Range work with Paul to create recipes from using the latest insight trends to make up inspirational menus through to developing new ways of serving up traditional favourites.