Country Range development chef Paul Dickson always has a tub of cranberry sauce handy to rustle up a vast array of dishes (and drinks!). Here are five of his favourites…
- Cranberry, Greek yoghurt and maple syrup granola breakfast pot – layer 25g cranberries, 75g Greek yoghurt, 25g granola (Country Range recipe) and broken pecans in a glass kilner jar then drizzle with Country Range Maple & Agave Syrup.
- Cheddar, red onion and cranberry grilled cheese sandwich – top two generous slices of bread with two mature Cheddar slices, 25g cranberry sauce, a quarter red onion (sliced), then butter the outside of the sandwich and toast in a hot dry pan.
- Cranberry barbecue glaze for pork chops – make a marinade from one juiced orange and zest, half a teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds, 1 crushed star anise, 50g cranberry sauce, half a teaspoon of paprika, 50g tomato ketchup and 50g brown sauce. Brush on to pork chops and bake at 200°C for 6 minutes. Turn the pork chop over and brush with the glaze. Cook for another 6 minutes until juicy. Glaze one more time and serve with sweet potato wedges.
- Cranberry and lemonade cooler – mix 25g cranberry sauce with 25g lemon syrup (juice and zest of 8 lemons and 100g sugar – bring to the boil and reduce by half), fill the glass with ice, add a slice of lemon, sprig of mint and top with soda water.
- Grilled goats cheese with cranberry – take half a small goats cheese and coat in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs. Bake in a hot oven for 6 minutes or deep fry of 2 minutes. Cut in half and serve with Country Range Cranberry Sauce, peppery leaves and a few walnuts or pecan nuts.
- Cranberry Sauce 2.5kg