Baked Ham with a Spiced Marmalade Glaze
4 hours 30 min
Max 50 Slices
2 2 whole orange, thickly sliced
2 2 large onions, thickly sliced
5 5 Country Range Whole Cloves
1 1 tbsp Country Range Whole Black Peppercorns
2 2 Country Range Whole Star Anise
55 kg unsmoked ham, off the bone
225225 g Country Range Marmalade
4 4 tbsp light Muscavado sugar
2 2 tbsp Country Range Dijon Mustard
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Allspice
- 1Pre-heat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Place the orange slices, onion slices, cloves, peppercorns and star anise in the bottom of a large roasting tin. Place a trivet on top of the oranges and onions. Sit the ham on the trivet and pour over boiled water into the roasting tin, about 4cm high.
- 2Tightly double layer the ham in foil. Place in the lower half of the oven and bake for 4 hours.
- 3Carefully remove from the oven. Place the ham onto a chopping board and discard the liquid. Peel off the skin leaving a thin layer of fat. Score all over in a diagonal pattern with a knife.
- 4In a saucepan melt the marmalade, sugar, mustard and allspice. Boil for 5 minutes until glossy and thick. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- 5Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Brush the ham with the glaze then put back in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.