Basmati Rice Salad with Chick Peas and Roasted Red Pepper, Lemon and Moroccan Spiced Dressing
200200 g Country Range Basmati Rice
400400 ml cold water
1 1 shallot, sliced
1 1 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
1 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds
1 1 tsp Country Range Coriander Seeds
1 1 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
1 1 tsp Country Range Paprika
4 4 tsp Country Range Salt
100100 g Country Range Chick Peas
1 1 red pepper, roasted
2525 g fresh coriander, chopped
11 tbsp Country Range English Mustard
2 2 tbsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
4 4 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1 tsp Country Range Honey
½ ½ tsp Moroccan spice
¼ ¼ tsp Country Range Paprika
- 1For the rice, place the rice with the water into a suitable sized pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until cooked.
- 2After around 10-15 minutes, the water should have evaporated and you should be left with fluffy rice. Once cooked, refresh in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 3Whilst the rice is cooking, place a pan onto the stove with a little oil. Once hot, place the shallots in the pan. Turn down the heat and allow to sweat gently on the heat for 15 minutes.
- 4Put the spices in with the shallots and allow to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- 5Place the chick peas with the shallots and spices in a suitable bowl with the drained rice, roasted peppers and coriander.
- 6For the dressing, place the mustard and honey into a bowl. Whisk in the wine vinegar until incorporated. Slowly whisk in the oil and then add the spices.
- 7Drizzle over the rice salad. Finish with a little natural yoghurt and serve with chicken or fish.