200 200 g Country Range Multi-Purpose Shortcrust Pastry Mix
For the filling:For the filling:
50 50 g diced sweet potato
2 2 spring onions
1 1 chopped tomato
1/21/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Granules
small bunch coriander, chopped
200 200 g mince
1/41/4 red pepper, diced
25 25 g Country Range Choice Garden Peas
0.25 0.25 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
0.25 0.25 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
0.25 0.25 tsp Country Range Dried Oregano
1 1 tbsp Country Range Jalapeño chillies, chopped
1 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
For the egg wash:For the egg wash:
1 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
0.5 0.5 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
For the sprinkles:For the sprinkles:
Country Range Whole Cumin
Country Range Dried Oregano
Country Range Rapeseed Oil, for frying
- 1Cook the diced potatoes in water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add mince, spices and gently fry for 10 minutes.
- 3Add spring onions, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, chilli, peas and coriander and season. Allow to cool down.
- 4Roll out the pastry and cut 4 even sized discs.
- 5 Place a spoonful of mince in the centre, fold over the pastry and crimp with a fork to have 4 moon shaped pasties.
- 6Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cumin and oregano.
- 7With a slotted spoon gently lower empañada into hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, turning about halfway through (you'll need to cook in batches).
- 8Drain on paper towelling and serve hot.