Egg Custard Tart
5 5 Country Range Fresh Free Range Medium Eggs
200200 g Country Range Shortcrust Pastry Block
250250 ml Country Range UHT Dairy Whipping Cream
3 3 tbsp Country Range Ground Nutmeg
11 tbsp Country Range Crème Fraiche
250250 ml milk
100100 g caster sugar
1 1 vanilla pod
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- 2Defrost the shortcrust pastry block and roll out to around 3mm thick and line a 20cm tart base.
- 3Bake bind for 30 minutes until fully cooked and crisp.
- 4Whisk the eggs, 2tbsp of nutmeg, scraped vanilla pod and sugar.
- 5Heat the milk and cream to a boil and pour over the eggs to form a custard.
- 6Fill the tart case and bake for 30-40 minutes until the tart has set but still has a wobble.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining nutmeg on top of the tart and cool.
- 8Once the tart is at room temp, cut and serve with raspberries and a dollop of Country Range Crème Fraiche.