Gluten Free Sweet Potato, Chick Pea and ‘Sausage’ Roll
280280 g Jus-Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry
1/21/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
1/4 1/4 Country Range Ginger
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin
1/4 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Coriander
400400 g Country Range Chick Peas
200200 ml Country Range Vegetable Stock
400400 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
100100 g Country Range Coconut Milk
1/4 1/4 ea small onion, diced
200200 g spinach
450450 g sweet potato, diced
1010 g caster sugar
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- 2To make the filling, chop and sweat the onion until softened in a little veg oil, add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the garam masala, cumin and coriander and cook for a further minute.
- 3Add the diced sweet potatoes and the drained chickpeas into the onion mixture and mix well.
- 4Stir in the ready-made stock, tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are completely tender but still holding their shape.
- 5Fold the spinach into the sweet potato mixture and cook for another couple of minutes until the spinach is cooked through and tender. The mixture should be nice and chunky at this point – any excess liquid should be reduced down. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely (2 hours).
- 6Cut the puff pastry sheet into quarters.
- 7Add the cold filling mix onto the puff pastry and moisten the edges. Fold over to form a sausage roll.
- 8Crimp the sides and place on a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.