Indian Lamb Cutlets with Spiced Rice
1 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds, lightly crushed
2 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
2 2 tbsp groundnut oil
275275 ml Country Range Basmati Rice
½ ½ tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
1 1 stick Country Range Cinnamon Stick
1 1 Country Range Bay Leaf
1 1 lime (juice and rind)
2 2 tsp Country Range Tandoori Spice
7070 g Country Range Natural Yogurt
2 2 tsp brown sugar
8 8 whole lamb cutlets
4 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1For the spiced rice, warm a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the crushed cumin seeds and cardamom pods, increase the heat and toss the seeds around for about 1 minute to dry roast them and draw out the flavour.
- 2Turn the heat back to medium and add the oil. Stir in the ricer and gently turn the grains in the pan until they are coated in the oil.
- 3Pour 1 pint of boiling water into the pan. Add the turmeric, cinnamon stick and bay leaf and stir once. Cover the pan with a lad and turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
- 4Leave to cook for about 15 minutes, after this tgime check that the rice has absorbed all the water and that the grains are tender.
- 5For the lamb, mix the lime juice and rind, tandoori spice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl. Cover the cutlets with the sauce and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 6Grill, pan-fry or barbecue the lamb cutlets over a high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- 7Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with the spiced rice and a selection of vegetables such as griddled baby aubergine, okra, green beans and slices of red onion.