Mexican Baked Rice
500 500 g Country Range Basmati Rice
1 1 tsp Country Range Turmeric
0.5 0.5 tsp Country Range Chilli Powder
1 1 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin Seeds
150 150 g Country Range Fancy Peas
150 150 g Country Range Frozen Sweetcorn
0.5 0.5 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
50 50 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
250 250 g Country Range Mild Salsa
1/21/2 green pepper, diced
1/21/2 red pepper, diced
2 2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped
250 250 g plum tomatoes, quartered
250 250 g sour cream
750 750 ml water
- 1Add the rice, turmeric, chilli powder and cumin seeds to a pan of boiling water and season to taste.
- 2Bring to a simmer and cook until the rice is cooked through, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 3Once cooled mix in the peas, sweetcorn, diced peppers, coriander and crushed chillies.
- 4Take a small skillet pan and heat a good knob of butter and add the rice mix but do not stir.
- 5Allow the bottom to crisp and place in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 15 minutes to heat through.
- 6Repeat to create individual portions until all the mix is used.
- 7To serve turn out the rice on to a plate and garnish with fresh coriander, sour cream, avocado and tomatoes.