Mushroom and Almond Pithivier
1010 g Country Range Ground Almonds
2525 ml Country Range Extended Life Vegetable oil
100100 ml Country Range Vegetable Bouillon (made up)
100100 ml Country Range Tomato and Basil Sauce
1 1 pack vegan ready roll puff pastry
100100 g button mushrooms
1 1 onion
1/81/8 tsp thyme
1 1 garlic clove
2020 ml almond milk to brush
6060 g green beans
salt and pepper to seasonsalt and pepper to season
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200 ̊C fan.
- 2Unroll the pastry flat and cut out 4 large circles.
- 3Slice the mushrooms, dice the onion and fry off in a pan with crushed garlic and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the vegetable stock and reduce by half, thicken with ground almonds and allow the mix to cool.
- 5Split the mix into two and place in the middle of 2 circles of pastry.
- 6Brush the edge of each circle with almond milk and top with the other circle of pastry.
- 7Crimp the edges tight, score the tops, place a little hole in the centre of each and brush with the remaining almond milk.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes until golden and serve with the tomato and basil sauce and green beans.