Rhubarb, Custard and Ginger Fool
200200 ml Country Range Ready to Serve Custard
100100 g Country Range Crumble Mix
3030 g Country Range Flaked Almonds
100100 g Country Range Solid Pack Rhubarb
100100 g Country Range Crème Fraiche
1010 g icing sugar
1010 g stem ginger
50 50 g Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs (whites)
100100 g caster sugar
- 1Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks.
- 2Add the caster sugar slowly on a high speed until thick and glossy.
- 3Spread the meringue onto parchment and place in the oven at 90oC for 1 hour.
- 4Turn the oven up to 180oC and make the crumble mix as per instructions and bake in the oven for 5 mins then add the al-monds and cook for a further 3 mins. Allow to cool.
- 5Mix together the rhubarb, creme fraiche, pureed stem ginger, icing sugar and broken meringue pieces.
- 6Layer up in a nice glass with almond crumble, a spoon full of custard, fool mix, more crumble, custard and fool. Finish with a few pieces of rhubarb and serve immediately.