Rocky Road Brownies
145145 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
6060 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
225225 g light brown sugar
1/2 1/2 tsp salt
3 3 large eggs
8080 g Country Range Plain Flour
100100 g mixed chocolate chunks
5050 g pink and white marshmallows
5050 g chocolate coated rice balls
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 150°C. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- 2Melt the chocolate and butter together, either over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on medium power, allow to cool slightly.
- 3Beat the eggs and add in the sugar a little at a time, then add the chocolate mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
- 4Sift in the flour and stir well, then stir in most of the chocolate chunks, marshmallows and chocolate coated rice balls.
- 5Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin and scatter the remaining chocolate chunks, marshmallows and rice balls over the top before baking.
- 6Tap the tin to get rid of any excess air and bake in the centre of the oven for 25-35 minutes. It is important not to overcook the brownies as they can dry out a little if overbaked and are much nicer when they are a little gooey on the inside!
- 7Leave to cool in the tin until completely cold, then turn out and cut into squares.