2 2 large onions
50 50 g lambs liver
250 250 g pork liver
25 25 g Country Range Beef Bouillon Mix
250 250 g suet
250 250 g oatmeal
1 1 tbsp Country Range Sage
2 2 tbsp all spice
2 2 tbsp Country Range Ground Coriander
2 2 tbsp Country Range Cracked Black Pepper
1 1 tbsp salt
- 1Place one of the chopped onions and the livers in to a saucepan, cover with 3 cups of bouillon and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, drain and keep the cooked liquid stock for later.
- 3While the meat is cooking, spread the oatmeal onto a large baking tray and toast in oven at 180ºC for 2 minutes.
- 4Coarsely mince the meat mixture and suet using a food processor being careful not to over blend the mixture.
- 5In a bowl, mix the toasted oatmeal, a very finely chopped onion, sage, spices, and 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid with black pepper.
- 6Mix the ingredients together and add the chopped meat and gently mix thoroughly.
- 7Grease a large pudding bowl. Place the haggis mixture into the bowl and cover with two layers of foil and secure the foil with string.
- 8Place the bowl in a saucepan on an upside down saucer and half fill the saucepan with boiling water.
- 9Loosely cover the pan then return to a simmer and steam the haggis for 2 hours topping up with boiling water in necessary.
- 10Serve a hearty spoonful of Haggis with traditional Neeps and Tatties.