Slow Braised Lamb Shoulder
lamb shoulder joint, boned and rolled
800 800 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
1 1 crown garlic
4 4 pints Country Range Vegetable Bouillon
2 2 large white onions
3 3 large carrots
2 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
1 1 litre Country Range Red Cooking Wine
2 2 large red cabbages
200 200 ml Aspall cider vinegar
1 1 pint Country Range Orange Juice
6 6 Suffolk eating apples
500 500 g redcurrant jelly
200 200 g demerara sugar
1 1 Country Range Cinnamon Stick
- 1Place the lamb shoulder in to a deep roasting tray.
- 2Cut the garlic crown in half and add to the lamb.
- 3Roughly chop the onions and add to the tray.
- 4Add the chopped tomatoes, carrots and rosemary.
- 5Pour in the bouillon and red wine and cover with tin foil.
- 6Roast in a pre-heated oven at 140°C for 6 hours.
- 7To make a pickled cabbage, thinly slice the red cabbage.
- 8Grate 6 apples in to a large saucepan.
- 9Add the sliced cabbage, redcurrant jelly and sugar.
- 10Pour in the cider vinegar, and orange juice.
- 11Cook uncovered on a low heat until sticky and sweet.