Spiced Cottage Pie
130130 g Country Range Madras Curry Paste
5050 ml Country Range Extended Life Vegetable Oil
150150 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
2525 g Country Range Creamery Butter Unsalted
11 ltr Country Range Beef Bouillon Paste (made up)
1/8 1/8 tsp Country Range Mixed Herbs
600600 g mince beef
1 1 onion, diced
500500 g potato, diced
11 tsp fresh garlic, minced
salt to season
- 1Fry the diced onion in the hot oil and brown off the minced beef.
- 2Add the beef stock, chopped tomatoes and madras paste and simmer for 1 hour until the beef mince is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- 3Meanwhile dice the potato and cook in salted water for 5 minutes.
- 4Place the mince beef in a deep tray.
- 5Top with the potato and brush with garlic butter and a sprin-kle of mixed herbs.
- 6Bake in the oven for 1/2 hour until the potato is brown and crunchy.