Sticky Thai Coconut Rice with Mango
500 500 g Country Range Round Grain Rice
400 400 ml Country Range Coconut Milk
3 3 tsp Country Range Whole Sesame Seeds
4 4 tbsp sugar
3 3 ripe mangoes
1/21/2 tsp salt
- 1Soak the round grain rice in water for at least 3 hours before draining and rinsing thoroughly.
- 2Use a folded piece of muslin to line a steamer and add the rice on top.
- 3Place the steamer over boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, turning over once.
- 4Remove the rice from the steamer and set to one side.
- 5In a sauce pan, combine the coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- 6Heat gently and stir until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- 7Pour the sweet coconut mixture over the rice and stir through.
- 8Peel and stone the mangoes and cut the flesh in to thin slices.
- 9Add a good spoonful of the rice mix to a small bowl, top with slices of mango and a sprinkle of some toasted sesame seeds.