1.251.25 kg shoulder of lamb, diced
1 ½1 ½ ltrs lamb stock 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
1 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
2 2 tsp Country Range Dried Rosemary
125125 g Country Range Butter
8080 g Country Range Plain Flour
1 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
1 1 pinch fresh parsley, chopped
1 1 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
2 2 tsp Country Range Tomato Paste
splash olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- 2Place a splash of olive oil into a hot pan and seal the lamb until golden brown. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.
- 3Place the pan back on the heat and add butter. Fry the carrots and onions until slightly golden then add the tomato paste and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the flour and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- 4Add the lamb stock and mix to a smooth, rich sauce. Add the garlic and herbs and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Place the lamb into an ovenproof dish, cover with the sauce and then put into the oven for an hour.
- 6Remove from the oven and top with the sliced potatoes, season and then put back in for a further hour at 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- 7When the potato is cooked and golden brown, remove from the oven. Brush with a little butter and serve. Great with Country Range Pickled Red Cabbage.