Vanilla Panacotta with Strawberries
300300 ml Country Range UHT Dairy Whipping Cream
200200 g Country Range Frozen Strawberries
300300 ml full fat milk
3 3 gelatin leaves
8080 g golden caster sugar
1 1 vanilla pod
5050 g icing sugar
½ ½ lemon
12 12 fresh strawberries (garnish)
55 ml strawberry sauce (garnish)
- 1Defrost the strawberries and blend with 50g icing sugar and 1/2 lemon juiced, pass through a sieve and keep in the fridge.
- 2Soak the leaf gelatin in cold water until it is soft.
- 3Bring the cream and milk to the boil with the scraped vanilla pod and seeds then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the gelatin leaves and stir until dissolved.
- 5Place the pan in a bowl with iced water and cool, stir every 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and the vanilla suspends in the mix rather than sinking to the bottom.
- 6Pour into the six moulds and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7Once it is fully set but still wobbles, place the mould in hot water for 10 seconds, tip it upside down and shake it out onto your clean palm.
- 8Place in your bowl and serve with strawberry sauce and some chopped fresh strawberries.