Vegan Portuguese Tarts
2 2 tbsp Country Range Custard Powder
120120 g Country Range Frozen Raspberries
½ ½ tsp Country range Ground Cinnamon
1 1 vanilla pod
1 1 pack vegan ready roll puff pastry
1 1 small orange zest and juice
425425 ml hazelnut milk
22 tbsp golden caster sugar
11 tbsp icing sugar (dusting)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200˚C fan.
- 2Dust the sheet of puff pastry with icing sugar.
- 3Roll the pastry into a tight sausage shape and cut into 12 even sized disks.
- 4Place each disk into a greased muffin tin and press up the sides to form a cup.
- 5Add 2 raspberries to each cup and then place the pastry in the fridge to cool
- 6Heat up the 400ml hazelnut milk with the scraped vanilla pod.
- 7In a bowl mix the custard powder, scraped vanilla, cinnamon, caster sugar, orange zest, juice and 25ml hazelnut milk and whisk to form a paste
- 8Once the milk is hot pour over the custard mix and then return all the mix back to the pan.
- 9Once it thickens allow to cool.
- 10Fill each pastry cup with the custard mix, dust with icing and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is cooked.
- 11Dust with more icing and serve.